Friday, September 2, 2022

A Crucial Lesson Often Forgotten

 

When you were young, the worst thing that could happen was the ridicule of others. Looking back, you can recall the embarrassment and humiliation of being laughed at. And, Goddess forbid that you made fun of yourself. It didn’t happen. But, as we grow older, we gradually learn that laughing at ourselves is okay. This is an important lesson. A lesson that, all too often, we forget to live. Next time something doesn’t go your way or you do something you regret, no matter how upset you feel, say to yourself, “In time, I will laugh at this.” You don’t always have to wait for time to pass. Decide to laugh about it right then and there. Laughing puts things in perspective and chases embarrassment away. So, laugh at yourself, today! I can honestly say..I do just that. Today’s Affirmation: I laugh at myself without embarrassment or humiliation just the way I like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

One after another

 One word after another. That's how I wrote all these pages. One word after another. Even on the days when the ideas wouldn't come. ...